OMG summer is on our doorstep and while I love the thought of my feet in the sand and a fruity drink with an umbrella in hand my reality is that my kids will be home many days. While Im not new to having the kids home for the summer what is new to me is having a brick and morter studio and having my husband as the stay at home parent. My schedule is changing and I fear that the bucket list I created at the beginning of the year is going to take a back seat to work and my growing kids. So what I did do was have a CTJ moment with myself. A CTJ moment is a Coming to Jesus Moment where I tell myself that no matter what I can not allow work to interfer with the time I have set aside for me and my family. Self care is vitally important to me and having 2 tweens at home it’s doubly important that they see me being a model of work, family and self love. Not perfection but a working balance of all three.
The good thing is I’ve been a business owner for quite some time now my hours and structure have not changed much adding the studio was HUGE but my location is such that I can take appointments and I dont need to keep regular hours since I’m not in a commerical district. But as a photographer I can easily get lost in HOURS of editing and emails so I needed to come up with a system that helped me gain more control over my business.
The goals I have set up for the summer have me wanting to take trips with my family, I also want to read at least 2 books that are not business related. I want to enjoy a fruity beverage and the sand between my toes and not feel as it I am missing anything. So I have Developed my summer Bucket List MadCris Style. My top 20 things to do in the next 92 day.
- FINALLY read all 3 50 Shades of Gray. I know I’m a few years late but I am going to do it.
- Learn to broil a lobster
- Clean my office-Its June its the 6 month marker
- organize my PC
- Take my kids to the beach and sit there all day long
- Make and eat homemade ice cream
- Properly Grill a steak
- Go away with my husband kid free and reconnect not just have sex.
- Keep up my summer fitness plan
- Take each of my kids on a date
- Take myself on a date
- See a blue ribbon cow
- Spend time in the moutains
- See more sunsets (I’ve seen tons of sunrises I’ve never slowed down enough to see a sunset)
- Spend time at the Art Muesuem
- Host a parent child baseball game
- Clean my car! Yes this is a bucket list item, I’m a mom!
- Draw more
- Learn more about gut health
- Work on giving myself permission to relax
These are just starters. Here a link to your own summer survivial guide. Tips and a bucket list that you can use for your own Top 20 in 92!
Feel free to DOWNLOAD THIS LIST and create your own summer bucket list. Please share it with us when you’re done, we’d love to share your list on our IG page. Use the hashtag #WTbucketlist